There are 101 ways to incorporate your favorite protein into tasty treats, and we’re here to share three with you today.
Fluffy Vegan PancakesSometimes a shake just doesn’t cut it for breakfast, and you’re desperately craving something of a little more. Something of serious substance – like pancakes!!
|Photo by Alison Marras on Unsplash|
Try this simple recipe:• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/4 cup of your favorite plant-based protein
• 1 tbsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp sea salt
• 2 tbsp of natural sweetener (stevia, date syrup, agave)
• 1 cup water + more as needed!
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together
2. Add your sweetener, followed by the water. Mix until your batter is combined. Don’t worry if it’s not perfectly smooth, just add small amounts of water until the mixture is thick but well-combined.
3. Heat a non-stick pan OR add a knob of coconut oil to grease the pan
4. Cook your pancakes over medium heat until small bubbles appear, then flip them over!
Serve with a spoonful of your favorite nut butter and a sprinkling of fresh fruit, and you’ve got yourself a delicious, protein-packed-pancake!
Marvelous MousseThere’s nothing more decadent than a beautifully fluffy chocolate mousse and so we’ve got the perfect one for you.
Eat it for breakfast, lunch or dessert, this baddie is so healthy it really doesn’t matter!
|Photo by Brooke Lark on Unsplash|
Try this simple recipe:• ½ Cup of non-dairy yogurt
• ¼ Cup of your preferred non-dairy milk
• 1 Tbsp of chocolate protein powder
• 1 Tbsp of raw cacao (to make even more chocolatey)
• 1 Tsp of psyllium husks
• A Tincy-tiny bit of natural sweetener (stevia, date syrup, agave)
1. Mix all of the ingredients together and spoon into a glass
2. Put it in the fridge for at least 3 hours (be patient!)
3. Take your marvelous mousse out of the fridge and enjoy!
Easy-Peasy Protein CookiesIf you’re looking for a high-powered protein snack to get you through the day, don’t look past these easy-peasy protein cookies.
|Photo by Nathan Dumlao on Unsplash|
Try this simple recipe:• 2 Overripe bananas
• 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
• 1 Cup rolled oats
• Add-ins of your choice (Peanut butter, dried fruit or nuts, chocolate chips, etc.)
1. Preheat the oven to 175 and line a tray with baking powder
2. Mash your bananas before mixing in your protein, oats and any add-ins
3. Spoon the mixture onto the tray (should make around 8 cookies) and flatten into disc shapes
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until they are just cooked through in the middle
5. Leave to cool and try your best not to all at once!
Ok, that completes our three, super easy, protein-packed recipes.
If we’ve inspired your inner-MasterChef and you’re in desperate need of some fresh plant-based protein, check out our friends at Myprotein.
They have a wide range of vegan, plant-based performance products, proteins, and healthy snacks – check it out!